There are several reasons to develop dry skin due to our daily routine whether it be due to the hot water bath, the winter weather or might be due to the loss of natural oils from your skin. The best part is that you might not need to visit a dermatologist as there are several natural remedies with which you can reduce the skin dryness through the ingredients that you find in your kitchen. An easy way is to add a few drops of oil in your water bath.
The following are the various DIY remedies to treat dry skin:
- Olive oil: gently rub the olive oil over your skin. It acts as a great cleanser and moisturizer without removing the natural oils from your skin.
- Rich creamy avocado mask: puree an avocado and add few drops of olive oil and honey which act as a natural smoothening mask.
- Olive oil and sugar scrub: combine ½ cup of sugar with 2 tbsp of olive oil and massage your skin gently to exfoliate and apply moisturizer.
- Oatmeal soak: add a cup of oatmeal to the water bath. It naturally rehydrates dry skin, moisturizes and provides the smoothening effect.
- Oatmeal honey mask: 2 tbsp of oatmeal, honey and a few drops of water would be a great smoothening and hydrating mask.
- Coconut oil: as coconut oil becomes solidified at room temperature it would work best when used before bedtime. You can apply a thick layer of oil over cracked heels and even chapped lips.
- Oil to your bath: as you frequently wash your hands, the natural oils are from your skin are lost making it dry and lifeless. You can add any of your favorite oils to your water bath as that would act as a natural moisturizer. You can use any oils like coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil depending on your interest.
- Milk: as milk has anti-inflammatory properties and by compressing milk for 5-10 minutes over your skin would provide a soothing effect. It is best for itchy skin.
- Fruit for exfoliation: pineapple, papaya, pumpkin would be great for exfoliating the dead and dry skin and to obtain rejuvenated skin.
- Aloe Vera: It is a great relief for sunburns and especially for winter season. It not just reduces redness but would even reduce the excess dryness which has been due to skin irritation. It even helps by reducing the signs of aging and acne breakouts as well.